19 December 2016 - MTR is extending its service to Southern District next week on 28th December, 2016. The new South Island Line(East) will include four stations - Ocean Park, Wong Chuk Hang, Lei Tung and South Horizons connecting to the existing Admiralty station.
1. The South Island Line (East) is a 3-car train with Fully Automatic Operation (FAO). The driverless trains run on smaller platforms and smaller stations while maintaining a train frequency to other MTR lines.
2. Park and Ride facilities at Ocean Park and Wong Chuk Hang stations will enable car owners to park and ride from their homes on the south side such as Tai Tam, Stanley, Chung Hom Kok, Repulse Bay.
3. The estimated travelling time from Admiralty to South Horizon will be 11 minutes and from Admiralty to Ocean Park 4 minutes.
4. The construction is an underground tunnel and viaduct sections between Aberdeen Tunnel and Ap Lei Chau - with Ocean theme offering an Ocean Park atmosphere.
5. Admiralty Station will double in size to accommodate the new line with extension beneath Harcourt Garden, which is transforming Admiralty Station into a strategic railway interchange for four MTR lines, including Island Line and Tsuen Wan, as well as the South Island Line and the Shatin to Central link.
6. The opening of the South Island (East) line means that rail service will have been extended to all 18 districts of Hong Kong.
7. Properties that will benefit from the new railway line in Aberdeen are these popular expatriate residential blocks with club house, swimming pool and 24-hour security:
8. The proposed South Island Line (West) connecting at HKU, Cyberport, Wah Fu, Tin Wan will commence construction in 2021.